Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the USA. Our turkey is finished and football is on TV so I get a break to do what I want. I've been extremely busy at work the last 2 weeks and haven't had any time for crafting - working 10 hour days. I work for a ribbon distributor and we formed a partnership with another ribbon company. Fortunately, we have the money and ended up in control so my job is secure, but the hours have been brutal. And next week doesn't look any better.

I managed to start a necklace during a bus trip last weekend to NYC. Last summer I discovered I can do freeform peyote while riding in a car. The problem with the bus was I had limited arm space so I had to use shorter lengths of Fireline- meaning more knots which I don't like. Since it's a gift I won't post any pictures.

I did start a freeform cuff before my work hours went crazy. It's not looking like I wanted but I'll finish it since I hate to tear things out. There's nothing wrong with it- it just has more white than I visualized when I started.

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Looks pretty to me, Dawn. I remember what it was like working long hours at work. Keep up your energy.